ISSP/13th Finance Commission
INDIA STATISTICAL STRENGTHENING PROJECT (ISSP)
IThe major areas of improvement includes generation of reliable state and district level estimates on various socio-economic aspects, establishment of coordinated statistical system ( both vertical and lateral ) at the selected 26-Department level ( dealing with above statistical activities) by creating statistics cells and conducting meetings and seminars, generating data as per requirement, re-organizing the Directorate of Economics & Statistics through development of infrastructure, IT support , and specialized training. Eventually a Department of Statistics will be created and the Director of DE&S will be elevated to a higher rank.
The following five major components are covered in the plan for improvement of state statistical system.
- Improving Coordination and Management of Statistical Activities.
- Human Resource Development.
- Development of Statistical Infrastructure and Statistical Consultancy.
- Development of Physical Infrastructure and IT.
- Improving Statistical Operations, Quality and Dissemination
The draft SSSP has been approved by the HLSC held on 07.01.2012 under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary, Odisha. The same was sent to Government of India for approval at the National Level Steering Committee of ISSP. The Report has been finally approved by the Government of India on 16.03.2012 and the MOU between State Government and Government of India was signed on 28.03.2012 at New Delhi. A sum of Rupees 1112.06 lakh has been released on 30.03.2012 as 1st installment for the Project.
ODISHA STATE STRATEGIC STATISTICAL PLAN, 2011-17
RECOMMENDATION OF 13th FINANCE COMMISSION
The broad objectives are underlined as follows :
Empower and strengthen the statistical framework and systems.
Enhance quality of data.
Provide standardized economic and social data to support policy and decision making.
Key Recommendations of 13TH Finance Commission
Measurement of GSDP at Market Prices and across states to be standardized.
Measurement of DDP
Measurement of green GDP/GSDP.
Measurement of Cost Disabilities across states.
Measurement of Inter-Regional trade data flow.
WITH MILESTONES TO BE ACHIEVED..
- Preparation and maintenance of Business Register at District Level.
- Preparation of Local Bodies Accounts by collecting data on Receipts and Payments of these bodies.
- Improvement of data in respect of Farm Activities.
- Pooling of NSS Central and State sample data for generating district level parameters.
- Providing network connectivity among Districts and with State headquarters.
- Grant of Rs 30 Crores for Odisha @ Rs 1 Crore of each district headquarters
- At least 75% to be spent at district level and 25% at state head quarters level.
- Expenditure plan for items not covered under SSSP.
- Expenditure plan for Rs 30.00 crores got approval of HLMC of state
- The DE& S in the State will be the nodal agency for this grant.
- Approval of expenditure plan by the GOI is awaited.